At Affordable Legal Services, we are a full-service law firm. We assist our clients in making educated decisions about how to proceed with many different legal matters, including probate, estate planning, business law, family law, civil litigation, criminal defense, and personal injuries. We believe that it is important for our clients, as well the public, to have access to basic legal information. Below you will find a list of free legal forms and brochures (which you are welcome to download) pertaining to many different areas of the law. If you have any questions about these resources or your specific case, please call us or email us anytime.
Probate Law Resource Guide (complete guide – 38 pages)
- What Is a Revocable Living Trust?
- Joint Tenancy
- Living Wills and Other Advance Directives
- Durable Powers of Attorney
- Revised Anatomical Gift Act
- Guardians & Conservators Under Missouri Law
Business Law Resource Guide (complete guide – 28 pages)
Family Law Resource Guide (complete guide – 48 pages)
- How to Handle Anger
- Juveniles and the Law
- Child Support in Missouri
- You Are Still Parents
- Assistance to Parents of Children with Disabilities
Law and the Courts Resource Guide (complete guide – 20 pages)
Consumers and the Law Resource Guide (complete guide – 20 pages)
- Your Rights as a Tenant
- Buying a Home
- Buying on Time
Client Resource Guide (complete guide – 29 pages)
- Small Claims Handbook
- Steps You Can Take to Avoid Foreclosure
- Juveniles and the Law
- Eminent Domain
- Mass Disaster Victims’ Guide
- Dispute Resolution Alternatives: What You Need to Know
- Handling Your Case in Family Court (produced by Office of State Courts Administrator)
Booklet explores survival and legal options for domestic violence victims
Booklet on laws and programs affecting senior citizens, including new Medicaid laws in Missouri
FAQs, instructions and PDF form, also includes HIPAA instructions and PDF form
Adoption Guide (currently in revision and not available)
Booklet explains different types of adoption in the state of Missouri
Explains Missouri’s judicial selection/retention system
Of Interest to Educators
Turning 18? Some Things About the Law You Need to Know (PDF – 33 pages)
The above brochures are brought to you in cooperation with the Missouri Bar, which has spent an incredible amount of time and effort to compile all of this information. These pamphlets, in addition to many others, are also available on the Missouri Bar website at www.mobar.org. The Missouri Bar works very hard to educate the public on these topics and to ensure that attorneys in Missouri are providing the highest quality services to their many clients. Thanks to the Missouri Bar for all it does for its member attorneys and our citizens. Our staff of attorneys are all proud and privileged to be members of the Missouri Bar.
Notice: The above information, pamphlets, and booklets are intended to give general, basic information only. They give suggestions or ideas about various approaches that can be utilized to achieve various results. Such information should never be a replacement for the advice of a competent, licensed attorney familiar with your exact situation, circumstances, and goals. Provision of the above items does not constitute or create an attorney-client relationship. These pamphlets and brochures are for informational purposes only. No person should make any decision based solely on the information contained therein. Our law firm is not responsible for any loss or damages that results from reading, using, or relying on the above information without consulting an attorney. You should always consult a licensed attorney if you are looking for legal advice.
* The choice of a lawyer is an important decision and should not be based solely upon advertisements. Neither the Supreme Court of Missouri nor The Missouri Bar reviews or approves certifying organizations or specialist designations. Certain cases may be referred, or may involve outside co-counsel arrangements, in which event you would be notified.